- Can gel polish be applied directly to the nail?
No. Galaxy Professional gel polishes are never to be applied directly on the nail bed. To achieve better product longevity, applying and curing the gel polish base is necessary. For fragile and flexible nails, it is recommended to use a Galaxy Rubber nail base.
- Is it necessary to cleanse gel polish on the nail?
It is not necessary to cleanse Galaxy Professional gel polishes. After the last gel polish layer, apply the gel polish Top Coat. When using No Cleanse Top Coat, it is unnecessary to cleanse the top coat. In every other case, cleansing is obligatory, and it is recommended to use Galaxy Professional Cleanser.
- Why does gel polish get "crinkled" on the nail?
This may occur with several shades that are highly pigmented, such as white, black, dark green and dark purple, due to the following:
1. Base coat and gel polish are not compatible
Gel polishes, as well as all gel nail products, perform the best if used in combination with base coats of the same manufacturer (brand). It is recommended to use Galaxy Base Coat or Galaxy Rubber base with Galaxy gel polishes.
2. Too short curing time
Galaxy Professional gel polishes can be cured in UV or LED/UV nail lamps minimum of 36 W power. The optimum curing time in LED/UV lamps is 30 seconds, and in UV lamps, 2 minutes. If the curing time is shorter than recommended, the colour might not cure properly, resulting in chipping, lifting and gel polish crinkling, and sometimes even natural nail damage.
3. Color applied in one thick coat
A too-thick coat of gel polish may result in colour "crinkling" during or after curing the gel polish. To get the most vivid appearance of shades on the nail, it is necessary to apply gel polish in two thin and even coats while curing each coat in adequate nail lamp full curing time.
- Why do some polish colours differ from their appearance in person?
We always try to present all the gel polish colours as accurate to their actual colour as we can. Due to different devices and display calibration, the colour on your device may slightly differ from the actual colour. Similarly, due to different printing techniques, the colour on the printed label may vary slightly from the actual colour of the polish.
- How to remove gel polish?
For gel polish removal, it is necessary to use adequate tools and products in the following manner:
1. Using 190 granulation nail file, gently remove (mattify) the upper layer of the top coat.
2. Soak the cotton pad with gel polish remover, place it on the nail bed, roll it in aluminium foil, or attach it with a plastic clip for gel polish removal.
3. After 10-15 minutes, remove the foil or clip and gently remove colour residue from the nail bed using a nail-removing gel polish tool.
4. Finalize the natural nail shaping using a buffer file.